We try and keep the rules to the minimum needed to run the courts efficiently – the most important ones are detailed below:
- 40 minute rule: There is no booking system outside of the pre-arranged coaching sessions on the Weekly Calendar (which will be on display at the courts and on the website). Simply turn up to play and if someone else is using the courts then you will have to wait no more than 40 minutes as our rules state that players must give up the court after 40 minutes of playing if someone is waiting.
- Coaching Slots: The courts are used for private coaching on Mondays from 3.30 – 6.30pm and Tuesdays from 3.30 – 5.45pm when children’s coaching takes place and Fridays from 9.30 to 10.30 when women’s coaching takes place. If you are interested in joining the coaching sessions click here.
- Visitors: Members may play with non-members but there is a fee of £3.00 per non-member per session. The host member should ensure that the fee is paid to Michelle Record, Afton House, Deanland Road, Balcombe RH17 6LX (Tel No. 811269) or Ros Thompson. Lamb Cottage, Oldlands Avenue, Balcombe RH17 6LP (Tel No. 811339). Michelle and Ros are happy for you to post any fees through their letterboxes.
- Public playing sessions: So that we qualify for exemption from paying rates, we are required to let non-members use one of the courts (it is always the court furthest from the gate) at certain times and these are Monday 5.30 pm – dusk, Tuesday 10.00 a.m. to 3.30 p.m. and Saturday 1.00 pm – 5.00 pm. A public playing session must be arranged with Michelle Record or Ros Thompson and the fee is £3.00 per hour for the court.
- Footwear: Please make sure you wear non-marking trainers when on the courts – there is no other dress code other than clothes should be worn!
- In order to keep down fees, we won’t pay Mid Sussex District Council the huge amount of money that they want from us in order to collect our rubbish so please remove your own rubbish at the end of your playing session – thank you!