Thursday at 7pm is Social Tennis when members can turn up and get a game whatever your level. We do try and have at least one committee member present each Thursday but it is designed to be a self-managed evening which means that Social Tennis can still happen even if no committee member can make it. We will also be running tennis surgeries with a professional coach once or twice a month at Social Tennis. Further details by email to members before each session.
Public playing sessions for non-members are held on the following days:
- Mondays: 5:30 pm to dusk on the far-side court (furthest from the gate)
- Tuesdays: 10:00 am to 3:30 pm on the far-side court
- Saturdays: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm on the far-side court.
During these times, non-members have priority on the far-side court over club members provided they have paid the fee, which is £3.00 per court for the duration of a 40 minute-long session. Payment can be by cheque (made out to Balcombe Tennis Club) or cash to either Michelle Record at Afton House, Deanland Road, Balcombe, RH17 6LX, Tel 811269 or Ros Thompson at Lamb Cottage, Oldlands Avenue, Balcombe RH17 6LP, Tel 811339. You are welcome to put the cash in an envelope and post it through Michelle or Ros’s letter box before playing.
Coaching sessions are held on the following days, where the coaching groups have priority over members on all courts:
- Mondays from 3.30 – 6.30pm for Juniors
- Tuesdays from 3.30 – 5.45pm for Juniors
- Fridays from 9.30am – 10.30am for Adults